Peaches and Cream Porridge
BREAKFAST. The first meal of the day to break your fast is the best time to fill up your body and fuel it with all the nourishing ingredients to ensure you begin your day on the right foot.
Breakfast, being the first meal of the day where-in you break your overnight fast post-slumber, serves as the perfect opportunity to fill and fuel your body with nourishment. With a nourishing and beautifully balanced breakfast, you are starting the day off on the right foot.
SAUTEED PEACHES & CREAM PORRIDGE
FOR THE PEACHES:
Coconut oil to heat the pan
1-2 ripe peaches, chopped,
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1 teaspoon maple syrup
For the OATS:
1 cup jumbo oats
2 cups coconut milk
1/4 cup yoghurt
1 teaspoon cashew butter
1 teaspoon vanilla powder
1 cinnamon stick
Maple syrup to sweeten
1. Heat coconut oil in a saucepan over medium heat. Add ingredients for the peaches and cook until some juices have been released, and are caramelised and juicy to your liking. Set a few aside for the garnish.
2. Add the oats to the same pot and stir until well coated (this is what brings out the toasty, sweet flavour ), then add the milk, cinnamon stick, cashew butter and vanilla.
3.Heat low and slow, until thick, and the peaches break down blending into the oats. You almost won’t see them but they release the sweetest fruity notes.
4. Discard the cinnamon stick, take off the heat and stir through the sweetener and yoghurt.
5. Bowl up, top with the reserved chunks of caramelised peaches and add your favourite toppings.
Here, we've gone for the choice of hemp seeds, pecans, sultanas and an extra dollop of yoghurt (for a real Peaches 'n Cream vibe!)
- No coconut oil? Steam your peaches by wrapping tightly in foil with some maple and cinnamon, and bake on 160 celcius for 10-15 minutes until soft.
- Swap with any stone fruit - plums would be delicious!
- Use any milk or yoghurt you have on hand.
- Sometimes the most delightful creations are thrown together effortlessly. EXPERIMENTING is all part of the fun! This bowl can be eaten hot/cold and is a family favourite!